>

Friday, February 26, 2010

Got Snow???

Yeah... We got snow... Yesterday we got about 5 inches of fluffy, light, easily shoveled stuff. Last night the wind blew, and it snowed some more. I was on my way to go to work this morning and when I opened the back door to the carport, there was a 3 foot drift from the back door to the car and all around it. Then the driveway was mostly clear. However, DH's car was drifted in and there was a drift from his car across the driveway to the roadway that runs past the house. We live in the very Northeast Central part of PA. 6 miles from the NY State border. I work for NY State. And before you say it NO, I am not a "typical state worker" LOL. I drive 56 miles one way into NY everyday to work. And well as you can see I didn't do it today.  I'm home today, watching the snow still come down and blow all over where the DH has shoveled. He has just left for work, and if it drifts again it will be up to me to shovel. You would think that the neighbor, directly across the road, that has a snow blower would get out and do his driveway and maybe offer to help DH & me with ours, but NNNOOO he is probably still wrapped up warm in bed. This is the same neighbor that starts his truck 30 - 45 minutes before he has to go anywhere to let it warm up. He is crazy, wasteful and yes also just a tad bit on the lazy side! He lives with his elderly parents BTW. And we see (And Help) the 80 something yr old father doing more than this 50 something yr old guy!  Oh well, at least I'll get some exercise in today if nothing else, right?

OK, enough of that soapbox...

With recent BG's blog's being alot about foods, today I wanted to ask anyone that wants to comment about their first fill experience and what they ate or what kind of a diet they were on after a fill? I ran into a girl from support group the afternoon of my fill and she was telling me that she could eat anything she wanted after every fill. She never had to stay on liquids for any length of time. I know some Dr.'s make you stay on liquids for 3 days or a week or whatever. Mine said 12 - 24 hours of liquids and then ease back into my regular food. he said I may want to be careful and eat mushies for 12 - 24 hours too, before heading into regular food. So after running into this other person. I am curious.

Also, Do any of you (besides BG) drink caffeine? I have not since surgery, but am so craving my 1 measly cup of coffee in the morning. I weaned myself to one cup many years ago. But my PCP said one cup in the morning was ok... Since getting my band, I've been drinking decaf tea and coffee, and milk and flavored waters. But I'm wondering if that one cup of caffeinated coffee in the morning with DH (instead of making 2 pots) will be a problem?

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

After a fill, I stay on liquids for 2 days then mushies for a day then ease back into regular food after that. I can't eat whatever I want after a fill--it just doesn't work for me, but I've heard for others it's fine.

I drink 3 shots of espresso a day. I have thru this whole thing. I think it's fine AS LONG AS YOU CAN do it without alot of cream/sugar and if you can get enough water in. It's the dehydrating effects of caffeine that the DRs are worried about.

carla said...

On the day of and the day after a fill I have to be on liquids and then 2 days of mushies and reg food teh 4th day.
Caffeine??? I think that may have been a deal breaker for me if my dr told me no caffeine. I drink average 2-3 cups of coffee per day. Although I am not a big soda drinker my dr allows that also

BanderificBeauty said...

My Doc actually told me to drink coffee in the morning. The warmth helps things somehow. He said I could have that or a cup of hot tea but im not a big tea fan!

Lap Band Groupie said...

*Overdue Notice*
You have been given a long overdue Award…come to my blog to see it and pass on the love!

2 days of liquids and then 'ease back on foods' like you said.

Anonymous said...

Hi - nice to meet you! I drink caffeine daily. I was a heavy Diet Coke drinker before surgery, but have given that up because of the carbonation. Each day, though, I drink plenty of iced tea now and the occasional coffee (Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte - yum!). My doctor has never said a word about not drinking caffeine, but absolutely doesn't want me drinking carbonated beverages. I will be two months post-op tomorrow :).

Anonymous said...

And, for my fills? I'm on a liquid diet for 24 hours after the fill, but then I'm free to go about business as usual. I've had two fills so far, did liquids 24 hours after each one, and was able to continue eating whatever I wanted following that. I'm getting my 3rd fill today, so I'm ready for some liquids...and hopefully some restriction!