Here it is 2/6 and I haven't posted since last week. It has been a crazy up hill, down hill week here. 3 funerals in 4 days. A MAJOR argument with my father, which led to a major blow-up with my sister and I have been an emotional wreck most of the week. Now, I don't normally fight with either my father, (mom deceased 4 1/2 years ago, from heart health problems caused by morbid Obesity) OR my sister! I love them both dearly. BUT, my sister has always been a bit of an instigator in the family. The whole situation started with a letter from big (eldest) sis (I'm the youngest of 5, 2 boys and 3 girls) to my fathers GF, telling her why the rest of the family felt the way they did about her being in dads life... excuse me big sister but, I'm 46 yrs old, I can speak for myself, thank you! Dad's GF is MY age and she was presented to the family in a bit of a hurry. Within 3 days she was moved in with my dad and that is when the family turmoil started... My bro that is closest in age to me and I live the closest to them and deal with them on an almost daily basis. The Older 3 live in New Hampshire, Texas & Ohio, the closest to us being a 5 hour drive. Now mind you we are convinced that she saw $$$ when she met and moved in with dad but, HE is HAPPY and if that happiness makes him live longer than what would have been, then we are OK with the situation. My sisters on the other hand can see only the gold-digger in the equation and cannot stand the fact that he has replaced our mother with this woman. The GF shows my dad nothing but respect and love. And in some ways they are more outwardly affectionate than my mom and he EVER were. She takes really good care of him and because the sibs and I are either to far away or to busy to "check in" with him every day, this is a really good thing in my opinion. Anyway, the GF feels "unwanted" and "unwelcome" in our family (hello, you ARE 30 years younger than the man you are living with) so sis took it upon herself to "explain" how everyone felt. UGH! The written word is never taken like it is supposed to be so that letter was taken all out of context and so ensued the HUGE fight between me and dad because I live the closest and was the easiest to get to that day... And apparently he felt tht I was the meanest to the GF... Then I finally get things smoothed over and I get a email from sis telling me to take pictures off facebook because she doesn't want her face up there, so I say ok but in the meantime can you please tell me why... to which a HUGE email fight ensues with HER. UGH! I've just had way to much on my plate this week emotionally to deal with all this family crap! However, I did stay strong in my healthy eating and staying on track... lots of cheese, chicken, and yogurt this week... Bandlandia and Onederland PLEASE take me away!
2 comments:
Ahh...our families always put the FUN in dysfunctional! Good job not turning to food!
I have a FUN family too-- just like BG says above (they put the fun in dysfunctional)... and I'm right along with them!
Sorry to hear you've had so many funerals in recent days. That is hard.
Looking forward to seeing more of your blog.
DL
Post a Comment