>

Monday, February 22, 2010

No Fill for me today... UGH!

Yes you read that right... I did not get a fill today as had been planned. And as badly as I wanted one! I have to wait till Wednesday. So now let me tell you the story of my morning!

I go to the Dr's office with DH in tow at 9 am as scheduled, called into the waiting room, weighed (down 2 more pounds) all the regular questions asked, and ready for the Dr to come in and tell my what/how he will do the "procedure". He comes in tells me everything I want to know... you know, all the how's, what's and what if's! He said he wanted to fill me up to total restriction so I would know what "too much" would feel like and proceeds to tell me that he is putting in 6 cc's but he knows I won't need that much! Ok, I'm good, nerves are calmed... I'm ready! Let's get that needle out and fill me baby! LOL. Now mind you I love (well really really like) and trust my Dr. I have faith that I will be done and out of there by 10. No problem!

One question I never even asked was about numbing medication. Everyone has told me that it's not a big deal and not painful...So... we continue, he gets his little gloves on and gets that really long needle. I've been told about this needle so I was expecting it. Not a problem I am not a "needlephobic", I give blood as often as I can. Needles are not a problem for me. Now DH on the other hand I thought he was going to pass out just from looking at the needle that was about to be put into MY stomach! (Yes my port is to the right of my belly button). Dr sits down next to me and says, "ok here's a pinch and a sting"... Ok... nope, not a problem yet, I feel the needle hitting the port (I think). then Dr mumble something. Then he says "ok, lets try again". He must have went in the same hole cuz I didn't feel any pinch and or sting that time. Still nothing. I feel the Dr. "prying" if you will for my port, but he doesn't get in. He gets up, goes out into the other office and gets an ultrasound machine. goops it up and says... "Yes it is right there why can't I get the needle in the port? This has never happened to me before"... ARE YOU (excuse my language) F*&^%$G KIDDING ME??? Dr. G your mumbling out loud! I heard that! WTF? He tries again, and again, and then ONE more time. By this time I was about to say "Isn't there something else you can do?" When he got up and said after apologizing profusely, We are going to have to go to the hospital and do it under fluoroscopy. I'm there on Wednesday can you meet me there. Of course I say yes! I wanted it done today but he had 2 more fills and then surgerys already scheduled so he couldn't. OK, so I get up and go out to the office where they schedule me for 10:30 Wednesday morning at the hospital under the fluoroscope. All I can say is it better work this time. I better get a fill!

Now tonight I have a bruise next to my belly button that is bigger and bluer than any of the bruises that I had 6 weeks ago after getting my band. I almost feel bloated again too... Is that possible? I gotta go to bed! It's been a hell of a day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! That sounds dreadful!!

I'm glad you're not a needle phob - but I'm wondering if you've changed your mind now!!

BanderificBeauty said...

Wow! I am so sorry for that. This next one will be a breeze compared to that. I hope it goes better *hugs* (sorry Im a hugger ;))

Lap Band Groupie said...

Oh poo!! So much for my 'easy peasy! D*mn...well, at least it's tomorrow! Hey, the good part is you might be able to talk him into a larger fill since it's under flouro. He'll be able to see how fast the liquid is going through and be able to tweak it a little better. I've seen several people who got huge first fills since they were under flouro and the doc could see they weren't too tight. Hope this goes smoothly!!

Rebekah said...

Oh, no!!! I'm hurting for you!! OUCH! I agree--the flouro (my dr. does that routinely with first fill--is the best) Bring on some restriction!

LDswims said...

Oh that sucks! I hope you do get a better fill because of this, though...everything happens for a reason...

MandaPanda said...

Just found your blog! Sorry to hear about your fill...I'm sure Wednesday will go much better for you. Darn doctors need to learn to use their internal monologues, eh?

Jenny said...

That stinks! I would be little nervous if my doc said something like that too. Maybe the fluro thing will work in your favor like the other girls said. Good luck tomorrow!!

sdh5463 said...

Thanks ladies, I am praying for smooth sailing tomorrow. And yes BG. I think (at least I'm hoping)he may put a little more in tomorrow than he originally may have because I know I need some more restriction. And he was talking to me about it before he started yesterday. So keep the fingers crossed for me! I'll be back to blog as soon as I get home from the hospital. Maybe having it under flouro every time wont be so bad!

Anonymous said...

Fluoro should be a piece of cake and I doubt you'll have to have it again after doc figures out your configuration! Cant wait to hear the details...