>

Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's been a very long week

Yes, it has been a very long week for me, ending today with a 2 1/2 (1 way, so 5 hours driving for me. But it's ok!) hour road trip taking a fellow WLS friend to her moms place so she can stay with her for a few days while she recuperates from a total mastectomy, reconstruction surgery & chemotherapy. She bought my gas and lunch while there which was great! Lunch was easy for her to choose, considering she has had Gastric Bypass and has technically been my "adviser" on alot of stuff! (In addition to you BG!) She advises me but you tell me the Gods honest and point blank truth! Her advice is different because she had the RNY procedure. Anyway, we went Mexican... AUTHENTIC Mexican! OMG how I wanted a Margarita. But I abstained. Lunch, consisted of a Chicken and cheese quesadilla, those re-fried beans and spicy Mexican Rice. And portions so freaking big that I doubt I could have finished them even before I started this journey, let alone now! And All for $8.95. Well, needless to say I have lunch for the next 2 days too with the left overs. I don't really care for rice so DH gets that. He was happy since he had to work a 10 hour day today.

Anyway, I'm going in for my first fill on Monday and I'm not only a little nervous, I'm very excited to get the restriction again. I have a list of questions that I am going to ask, (thanks again BG) and I am anxious to get the answers. I'll also have a new weight post after that appointment. I'm starting to notice things changing. My rings are getting looser, DH says he can feel that I am losing when he puts his arms around me. and My clothes are now finally starting to fit a little bit different.Oh what a great new life this is going to be.

I've been stalking I mean, looking at blogs that BG follows again! Reading and then following myself, so if you suddenly see me pop up, I mean, appear on your follower list, I'd like to beg I mean, ask... No I mean BEG. LOL, you to please find me and follow me in return! I am going to try and post more, and interesting stuff on here just as soon as I find something that I think is interesting enough to post! LOL... Now, what did I do with that list of questions for Monday?

5 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Rings getting looser is a sure sign! I wrote a blog about it! You are doing so great. Can't wait to see your newest weight post after your fill!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for following my blog! Sounds like we might be in a similar place in our journey's - I've got 3 weeks until my first fill!

Good luck!!

Sandy said...

Just found your blog. I'm a newbie to this blogging world too but what a support system. I am now a follower so your numbers are up. I will mention that a follower Darren that you see in your list is trying to sell vitamins. If you want to get rid of him I posted instructions (http://rollercoasterdieting.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-to-block-spammer.html).

Glad to get to know you. I found commenting on other blogs helpful to have others become your followers-that is how I found you, through a comment you posted on a blog.

carla said...

Good luck wiht your 1st fill today!!! It gets easier from here on out

Jenny said...

Good Luck with your fill! Let us know how it goes!