>

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Me and Eileen - MIA

Not really missing... just busy still... altho' I'm thinking that I have begun to slow down a bit for the winter. LOL! So here are some updates for now.

The wedding on 10-10-10 went off beautifully, without a hitch. I sang the best I know how and every time I started to choke up in the middle of a note the best man would look over his shoulder and smile at me. that would make me look the other way and concentrate on the song, not my emotions at the moment. I'll post a couple pictures as soon as I can but at the moment they are held hostage in my old PC that died last weekend and is in the shop right now.

10-14 I had my appointment to have my fill... and yup, no questions asked I got .50 cc's put in. I was good for a couple days and right up until after the show. then I started having problems. the feeling of a lump in my throat all the time and just not able to eat, even remotely normal. Only thing I could get down was hot hot liquids. So I called the office abut couldn't get in until the 25th

10-23-10, my barbershop chorus had a joint show with our brother barbershop chorus. it was a great time. could have had a few more people in attendance but we had approx 175 there and that was enough for this first time having a joint show! my quartet was the first performers. and I know your going to get tired of hearing this but...Can you say nervous? We made it thru and the entire show was a success. And of course pictures will be posted later... again after I can access them on the PC again

I had my appointment with my surgeon to have my UNfill on the 25th. And he seemed unconcerned at the need to take some out. I dropped 6 pounds, and am within 8 pounds of my "Happy" goal now. He ended up telling me that I must be very close to my sweet spot and took 1/2 of what he had put in on the 14th out. So I am at 3.25 cc's in right now. For the most part I've been good at that until of course I got ready for my trip to see my bff for a quick whirlwind trip to Florida on 11/4.

I can only assume the anxiety, and nerves over flying, seeing my bff for the first time in almost 2 years, since she retired and moved to Florida and the anxiety of telling her about my band, AND trying to "make a good impression" as the perfect band patient had a lot to do with it. But the entire trip was centered around me wanting to eat, and not being able to eat. Getting to a restaurant and ordering, taking one bite and ending up boxing it all home because I would have to run to the ladies room and slime. Never actually threw-up. but there were at least 4 episodes where I felt like I should have just said I wasn't hungry and ordered only a drink. But the "coming out" was a success I think. both the BFF and her hubby told me how proud they were of me for doing this for myself. BFF wished she could have been here for me on surgery day. and we both cried and hugged a lot. I love her so much... she really is my sister from another mother.  I did drop another 3 pounds tho'... UNOfficially I am within 5 pounds of the first "happy" goal... Yippee!!!

Any way, we came home (DH & I) on 11/7, (told you it was a quick trip) and the story that headlined the local paper the next day... Elmira-bound Allegiant flight hits large bird, damages landing gear

stargazette.com, Star-Gazette... (I posted previously)  We NEVER felt or heard a thing... it was a smooth, uneventful flight... Or so we thought.

Now I am preparing for my boss's retirement next week. Anxiety... ugh, here I come AGAIN... BUT hey, tomorrow is Veterans Day, I would like to say a big, "Thank You" to all the Veterans out there reading this. I appreciate the sacrifices you and your loved ones made to keep America Free, and I don't have to work! Yahoo. However, I do on Friday! ;-)

Until next time...

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like things are going well. Lot of exciting things happening and great news about being close to your happy goal.