Today (and EVERY Day) I am Thankful for my Loving husband, My Family, My Friends, My Faith and My Music!
Today has to be one of the worst Thanksgivings I have ever spent in my life! Or maybe I should look at it as one of the best?You see, I came down with a Horrible, horrible cold/flu this week. I have been fighting to stay healthy this year as you may or may not remember, my boss and another person in my office retired and I am the only one there that knows "shit about anything" right now. SO, I can't afford to be sick. Well I am! Plus I have a concert on Saturday night and I just don't know how I am going to sing with my voice sounding like a bullfrog in heat right now!
Anyway, I have done NOTHING but lay on the couch under a blanket and watch TV, or sit up with the laptop in my lap! In addition to being sick, DH had to work this afternoon, (he works nights 2:30 - 11) so it wasn't even worth trying to go out and have some turkey at a local restaurant. I was so looking forward to going to my SIL's for her fantabulous dinner spread! She always makes the best dinners when we are having a holiday celebration. But with DH having to work and me being sick, plus we get a "winter weather" advisory and it started snowing at 9 am. We didn't get to go or eat anything "Thanksgivingy" today! I'm SSSOOO bummed, but then again, in a way, I am very thankful that I didn't have to NOT eat "everything in sight" thinking pre-band days and wanting to have it all, just to be miserable afterward as you lay on the couch and sleep while the football game is on!
My hope is to celebrate a very Happy Thanksgiving on Saturday with MY family, eat all the turkey I can (within reason and that 1 cup portion control) and then be able to sing in the concert without a problem. I'm thinking I may be able to kick this thing in the butt if I have another day like today, tomorrow!






3 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you feel better soon!
Hope all went well with your Holiday!
P.S. I've nominated you for a "Stylish Blogger Award!" Go check it out on my blog :)
Post a Comment