And I'm thinking... Having a "holiday" and being off on a Thursday does that to me... I'm thinking about veterans that I know, and those that I don't. How they served this country, and what they gave (or gave up) so that I could live in the best country in the world.
I've been thinking... about blogging for quite some time, but as you see I did not get enough rounded up in my head until yesterday to actually get some down on paper, Or on this blog. I think the reason behind me not blogging, in addition to just plain being extremely busy and out of touch with my bander friends, was the fact that I have a very hard time writing things in a way that makes sense to anyone except myself. After going to Florida and spending 3 wonderful days with my BFF. I found myself thinking alot about and feeling the need to get on here again and start talking. I also need to get back to the gym. That free membership that I won was up in October and I did sign up for a paid one. however, I have been to Zumba class once since then and not even gotten the gumption to get up and go to walk on a treadmill or ride a bike... I need some enthusiasm, or encouragement or maybe just a good swift kick in the ass to make me go again. I love my Zumba so it's not that I don't want to go... I just find that with all the "Crap" that is still going on at work I say... "I'll go tomorrow" a lot lately!
For the most part friends, I am able to eat some things normally and not worry about it when I try to eat. However, I'm not able to eat before at least 10 or 11 am and sometimes not until later than that. Then I have to be very, very careful not to eat to fast and to make sure that I chew it all to oblivion before I try to swallow. Can someone please tell me why it is that you are so much tighter in the morning and then can eat almost anything (and/or EVERYTHING) just before you are supposed to go to bed? All in all I am feeling well with my band and my loss to this point. I do not have any reflux, but there are a lot of times that I feel as tho I have a lump in my throat and it just does not go away till well into the afternoon. UNLESS I get myself a cup or two of the hottest (and I mean really hot) decaffeinated tea or hot cider from Dunkin Donuts! Then and only then it seems that I can adjust into a "normal" day in the life of a bander, If there is such a thing!
My "happy" goal that I keep talking about is easily within site and now I find myself wondering if I should lower my goal expectations, or raise them? which would it be? Should I make my happy goal lower to make myself work harder at hitting it? My BFF made a comment at one point when I was there and she said she was worried about me making myself sick and when I slime is that a sign that I AM at my sweet spot and should have some more taken back out? I don't think I need to have any more out, BUT, I do however, do NOT believe that I want any more in at least until well after the Holidays... If I can make it thru Thanksgiving and Christmas... Which are HUGE Food holidays in my and my DH's family, I will be excited beyond belief. And then January 12th is my Bandiversary. I really want to be, at the very least. to my happy goal and/or below by then. Sssooo... What do you think banders? My next appointment to see the Doc is 11/22. And I'm gonna tell you right now, I am NOT having a fill that day!
Piccalilli
1 year ago






2 comments:
My NP said it is very common to be tight in the morning. She used a model and medical terms, but basically when you are laying down to sleep everything gets kind of smooshed and it takes time for it to straighten out. I think getting stuck and sliming doesn't mean you are too tight unless it happens all the time. I like how you have your goals listed now. 175 is your happy goal, but you are stretching beyond to lose more. Sometimes it's not even about weight. I personally want to be in a size 12. Not sure how much I'll weigh at that point.
Hmmm, I am a bad one to answer because I hate weight goals and hate being too tight! I like Bonnie's idea of a size goal. Mine is 8/10.
You sound a little tight to me, but if it is not driving you crazy you should make it through the holidays. Or maybe get a teensy bit out?
Post a Comment