I must have gotten my head screwed back on right this week now that I have had my ass chewed out by my Lapband Dr. (Not really) But the reason I say that is I got on the scale today and according to MY Scale I have lost 2 of the 3 pounds that was recorded as a gain on Monday when I was in the Dr.'s office. And All I can say right now is... THANK GOD!
How? Why? What? you ask? well I attribute it to starting and keeping a "Food Diary"! Seriously!!! How many of you write down EVERY SINGLE THING that you put into your mouth? I never did. Until Tuesday that is! I was so upset that I had a gain when I thought I was doing so well that I decided I needed to do SOMETHING!!! Tuesday morning I got up and decided that I was going to write down every single thing that I ate, and or drank from the time I got up to the time I went to bed. I started a document in Word on my computer at work. I write (type) the time that I start, the time I finish, what it was and how much of it, from oz of water or liquids, to tablespoons or teaspoons, cups or 1/2 cups. Whatever it is I write it down... I have to tell you... It is amazing what you eat when you are bored! (which if you keep up with me, you know I do not have the time to be bored, and am not a "just sit around" type of person). Writing it down really holds you accountable for sticking to your plan! I have had people tell me to do this before and I just blew it off like it was nothing... Even the trainer at the gym I go to said to do it. It really DOES help keep you on track. I used to say, "yeah right, like I'm really going to write everything down" what about that piece of chocolate... or that mini candy bar. (I haven't had any but I'm just saying) If you are stuck on a plateau and haven't done or don't do this, I suggest you start. Keep a little note pad with you when you are out of the house just to have handy if you are shopping and need to stop and get something quick! You'll still be able to write it down!!!
Today is my great niece's FIRST birthday. She lives in Ohio, and I am going to miss the party they are having for her tomorrow. I'm sad about that, but, I may get to go out and see her in a couple weeks. This picture of her that was taken a few days ago, when they got her ears pierced. She doesn't normally purse her lips out like this, she is eating something here. "Makennah Adyson" is her name and I just think she is the most precious thing!
Earlier this week our one and only shower in the house decided to start malfunctioning. The water, instead of going up and out thru the shower head decided it wanted to come out thru the cracks in the handle and out the seal of the hose to the head, etc., etc. Well today, actually it was yesterday, I decided that I was going to have this little DIY project today. (Do It Yourself) I didn't want to have to wait another 2 days for DH to not be working to get a new one... SO, I got up this morning and went grocery shopping for the weekends' festivities that are going to happen this weekend. BUT, I went to Lowe's first. Got me a new shower hose/head fixture and well let me just say that I do not need to rely on DH or even Dear DAD any more! I have now successfully fixed a light fixture, remodeled an entire bedroom (with dads help on both of those) and switched out a shower head fixture. :-) This was so much easier than DH would have had it to be. I don't think I'll even tell him it only took me about 25 minutes to do ! :-P
Tomorrow I will be out of the house at 6:30 and off to Watkins Glen International Racetrack to work for the day with my chorus selling souvenirs for the track. It is the biggest fund raising thing that we do for the year. We stand in a huge tent and sell t-shirts and race paraphernalia while the IRL race people do their thing and boy do these people like to spend money. But, at the end of it all my chorus gets 10 % of whatever we sell and that helps us buy new music and costumes and coaching sessions etc. It's going to be a tough day for eating right but I already have my lunch packed, fruit, applesauce, protein bars. Lots of Water. I'll be ok! Sunday after church, I have a family picnic to attend first, then a chorus member is having a picnic at her lake home so, DH and I'll be swimming and boating till we are to tired to do anymore. Then I'll probably spend Monday (I'm off work) trying to catch up with the household chores. I hope to get into the gym Monday too!
Have a WONDERFUL and SAFE Fourth of July! :-)
Piccalilli
1 year ago







5 comments:
hope you have a great week end. I think I will do the keeping track of food thing, sounds like it may help. thanks
I have a list of jobs to DIY! Well done on tackling yours yourself. I may take a leaf out of your book.
I am will the others.. come on over, you can even teach me to do some of those things...
I write down everything, too! It's amazing to see what happens when you're stressed, etc.
I use dailyplate.com, but keeping the extra information you included is a great idea, too!
graces-fat-chance.blogspot.com
i definitely agree that keeping a food "diary" helps with weightloss! i wasn't any good at actually writing things down, but i use sparkpeople.com and my phone has a spark people app so that is really easy for me!!
your niece is adorable and what a great name! :-)
Post a Comment