>

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Is it Hot enough for you???

Yeah, how many times did you hear that this week if you live in the Northeast? I spent my days at work in air conditioning, and my afternoons/evenings in a friends pool. there was not a day that was below 95 degrees in North Central PA this week. AND Humidity? OMG... You walk outside and the water just drips off you... Til Friday that is, when it stormed all evening/night. However, after the storms, even tho it was still in the upper 80's for temps at least it was NOT humid so it was so totally bearable! I love the summer weather and what we have had yesterday and today is exactly what the Dr ordered for me to get my butt back into gear. That and I just wanted to check in now and see what everyone was up to? And get some bandster love.

Thursday I went to the gym and tried a class that my Dr had recommended I get into... not necessarily the exact one but he did tell me to get into a cardio class or 2... Remember? Well, I did it I signed up for and started taking Tabata. Oh My Good God in Heaven! Has any of you ever taken a class called Tabata? I must admit, I really really, liked the class, but I honestly can say that I DO NOT like the sore muscles I have had for 3 days since! I wanted to get into a ZUMBA class yesterday and could barely even got out of bed let alone go to the gym and exercise... So today, I am feeling better and my DH decides that we really need to "repair" our front stoop/porch. Now, let me just tell you... It is a solid CONCRETE porch. It's not that big, Thank God in Heaven, But the corners are (were) wearing away and  there were some "pot marks" in it. So he thinks that we are going to go buy some lumber and build a "box" over it and then extend the "box" out and make a little actual porch out of it... I say "are you kidding me?" I call my dad who BTW, lives less than 2 miles away and he agrees with me... just mix up some concrete and put up some forms, build the corners back up and put a light coating over the top to fill the pot marks... That is how I spent my Sunday afternoon... mixing concrete and using a trowel to smooth it out and make it look nice. I really would have rather been up in my friends pool again. But that DIY project is done. And I have another "DIY" feather in my cap... so to speak. :-)

I will go to the gym again this week, I think I might go on Tuesday tho and get a Zumba class in before going on Thursday to another Tabata... Hopefully, I won't be as sore next weekend. Friday, I plan to drive the 5 hour drive to Ohio to visit my sister, brother in law, niece and great niece, Makennah :-) the sweet little 1 year old that I just adore. It will be the last time I get to see them before they move to Georgia at the end of August. I hope to be able to eat well and lite all weekend. It will be a little more difficult without DH there to shove the food off onto. But I'll be back on Sunday... hopefully early enough to post before bed.

3 comments:

DiZneDiVa said...

Well, great to find out that there's yet another Exercise class for me to avoid out there... lol... It sounds like you're doing fantastic and I would love to know if the Tabata class is easier or harder than the Zumba is... Since I have heard how strenuous the Zumba is... I really can't wait to get to a fitness level where i am able to keep up with the classes... The YMCA that I go to has a ton of them. You look great. You mentioned you live in PA, where exactly. i am from the Philly area originally but have lived in Orlando, Florida for the last 10 years. *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at Band Camp..." Check out my blog at mybogfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

Lap Band Groupie said...

You're my DIY hero...concrete, now THERE's some exercise! OK, explain this new class...never heard of Tabata.

Have fun in Ohio...I'll be back there this weekend too.

sdh5463 said...

Maria, I promise to tell you the differences after I actually get to a ZUMBA Class. The thing about the gym I go to is altho I personally feel the need to try and keep up. They can't stress enough that you need to take it at your own pace. Your Y should do the same thing... If they don't they can't be that helpful!

BG... (and Maria) What I have heard is that Zumba is "latin Dance moves, and Tabata is actual excercises. 8 sets of one and then a minute of relax time, then 8 sets of another, relax, and back and forth like that, 10 minutes of warm up in the beginning and 10 minutes of cool down at the end.

BG where in Ohio are you going to be? I'll be 45 min South of Cleveland, in a little town called Streetsboro. Wanna try and get together on Saturday?