June 1st... WOW. I got home from our little mini vacation last night at about 10:30 pm. I did the normal stuff after getting home... unpacking etc. then crawled into bed at midnight! A late night for me, BUT today I am off work to get the laundry done and normal things that need to be done the day after vacation. DH went to work and I have been sitting here getting caught up on the e-mails and things that have been neglected since last Thursday.
An update... I did not tell my friend of my surgery. I decided that it wasn't needed to be a topic of discussion just yet. I had a grand time and didn't have any sliming or sticking episodes. I didn't get stuck at all and I really didn't have any eating issues. We were so busy and eating was a "back burner" thing for all of us (except my poor DH, that is) He is so used to eating and eating and eating whenever we go away, and I think he may have felt a little like an outcast when we didn't make the 20 sandwiches and didn't buy all the bags of chips and bottles of soda before heading to the beach. Instead, we made a ton of skinless broiled wings one night and put them in baggies in the cooler. We got a huge watermelon and cut it into bite size pieces and also put them in baggies in the cooler. We didn't buy all the chips and junk that we would normally pack but in place of them had low fat cheese chunks and string cheese. Oh and of course we had lots and lots of water. When we did go out for dinner, I chose salads... I had a chef salad, a taco salad, and a tuna salad plate. My only down fall was one night we went to "Coldstone Creamery" and OMG... I love ice cream, but I was good. I only got a small and I think my tastes must be changing a little, because ice cream is one of my biggest diet sabotaging foods. This time it was different, it was just OK to me. It wasn't the biggest deal. And I was happy with the small. Didn't want more, I was sweetly satisfied!
I did have a small problem last night at dinner on our way home butI know what I did! I THOUGHT I was hungrier than I was and I felt that I wasn't eating fast enough for everyone else. They were all almost done and I only had 1/3 of my plate gone so I started eating fast and didn't chew enough. Yup, I got a piece of chicken sausage stuck and had to go to the rest room to "Burp" (or from a lapbanders point of view) Slime it up. Got that done, and then finished my strawberries and said I was Full. I really was too. I just felt a little odd not being able to finish all my food. That again is a learning curve I am still driving on, taking the smaller portions and not the 3 or 4 spoonfuls!
Today has been a good day. I got on the scale this morning and have not gained any weight since I left for Maryland. I didn't lose any either but I am very happy I didn't gain! I will get back on the elliptical after almost a week off and I will be very careful what I am eating the rest of this week. I go back to the Dr's office on Monday the 7th for another try at a fill, (or not). Right now I am feeling good enough that I think the sweet spot may be mine. I will discuss it all with Dr G on Monday and see what he thinks our course of action should be from here. I can't wait to talk to him.
Piccalilli
1 year ago






3 comments:
i got stuck on chicken sausage this weekend too!! i think it was because of the thick skin on it? bleh
I'm glad you have such fun visiting with your friends. It sounds like a great time.
Glad you had such a great time with your friend. I did not tell any of my friends neither.
Post a Comment