>

Monday, May 3, 2010

Contest Results

Hi everyone... I am so sorry I didn't post this sooner but my weekend was just so amazingly busy that I have hardly had time to think about the blog... Anyway here are my contest results that I am sure you are all waiting for with baited breath!

My quartet was amazing... We placed 13th and received the "Cygnet Award" which is the Most Improved from the last contest. We increased our score by 34 points which is ALOT! Another quartet in my chorus placed 2nd and qualified to go on to international contest in November. AND our Chorus... Placed 4th, qualified for international in November AND Won the "Rising Star" Award, which means we improved our presentation score more than any other chorus! So needless to say everyone in my chorus is flying high this week.

I had a very exciting and fun filled weekend and even lost a pound doing it! Now I am off to get my 3rd Fill this afternoon. I hope to come home this afternoon with good results from that appointment... I may report more later, but I have a private meeting with a local new bandster, she was banded on 4/14 and is full of questions, and then our Support group meeting is tonight.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I plan on having another very happy celebration. I took the day off just to have a day to do what ever the heck I wanted to do!!!

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Thats fantastic news, well done you! You must feel very proud.
And well done on the continued weight loss. Have a very happy birthday x

MandaPanda said...

Congratulations on the contest! Sounds like your chorus and quartet did a fabulous job. Good luck at your fill appointment and Happy Birthday!

Jenny said...

WOW! You guys did great!

Happy Birthday!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I was dying to know how you did! CONGRATS! And congrats on the loss too!