>

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I have done it

I hate the fact that I seem to be so busy that I don't have the time to keep up with things on here... Next week tho, hopefully, I will slow down a bit and be able to catch up! You see... Next Friday night is a competition for my quartet that we have been practicing 2 nights a week and Saturday mornings for. The contest continues on Saturday for the chorus. SO, after contest I won't have to practice every night of the week and will be allowed to concentrate on MY life not the life of my chorus and quartet. Whew. As much as I love singing and my music, It does become very, very time consuming when contest time is here!

Anyway I am happy to say that I am doing well with my eating and all that is involved with this life I lead now. AND being that My birthday is in a short week and 1/2 I have talked my DH into paying for my membership to the Gym that I want to go to for more "training". I have chosen the hospital gym where I had my surgery because in order to get a reduced rate AND a personal trainer ($25/mo) you have to have some kind of surgery and well Eileen & I qualify for that don't we? So anyway, DH said that if it was what I really wanted he would pay for me to go. I wasn't saying no to that!

Today to start preparing for the Race for a cure in which I will be doing the 5k walk part on May 16th. I went to a park we have here and did almost 2 1/2 miles with a friend. And I am happy to say that I am not even sore... YET! :-)

Just in case I don't get on here again till after contest... wish me, my quartet, and my chorus good luck! we are all really hoping to do well this year!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad to hear from you! Good luck with the competition and the race!!

Lap Band Groupie said...

Good luck with the competition and the race! If I could wish for one thing, it would be a voice (I love to sing)!

Marie said...

Best of luck with your competition! You'll do great. You'll have to post a VLOG of your group sometime.

Have you tried the C25K training app? I have it on my iphone and it's really motivating and only takes 35 minutes a day. Very doable!

Barbara said...

Good Luck.. be sure to let us know how you make out..