>

Monday, January 14, 2013

Been thinking about doing this for quite a while

Don't know if any of my dear sweet LB followers are still out there but I figure I'll try and write a short post to find out!

Been a lot in my life going on that I need to catch up on in blog form but I just can't post a year's worth of stuff in one post. To make a very long story short since my last post in November 2011... UGH that was over a year ago! Pictures inserted at the most recent I have of my and my DH taken last Christmas!

My Lapband office closed and surgeon moved 4 hours away. :-(

I found a new Surgeon and bariatric office that I absolutely love! :-)  All of the people there, even tho they are all MUCH younger than I am, all seem to understand the band better than even I do after having my 3 year Bandiversary just 2 days ago!!!

Much to my dismay when I found this office and did all of the testing that they needed done before they would ever even see me. (Which I became glad about after I had it done and discovered what was wrong), I was told that My "pouch" and esophagus were stretched out and the Dr was taking all the saline out of my band and we were starting over from day one minus the initial surgery. We Did! ... Only 5 CC's in my band and I was to tight. Was sliming a lot and couldn't eat most of the time and when I could... OMG, I would go hog wild.

All fluid out, 6 months and 3 upper GI swallows later we are happy and ready to start filling again. THANK GOD I had the sensibility to eat right during those 6 - 8 months of non fill because I only gained back 12 of the pound that I had initially lost. WEEE! Long story short I am back to 5 cc's in and back within sight of my goal of 180-185 pounds. Last appointment was 193 lbs. Altho' at last blood work, I am low on calcium. so was told to get more milk and calcium supplements in...

I've also changed jobs, just recently. I have gone from working with juvenile delinquents to working at a State University! I absolutely LOVE it...


If any of my dear sweet Band buddies are still out there I would love to hear from you!

No comments: